(ORD # 6-96)
CHAPTER 124 — NUMBERING OF BUILDINGS
124.010. Required. All buildings or structures in the city shall display a property number.
124.020. Assignment of Numbers.
- The City Clerk, upon request, shall assign numbers for any property located within the City of Holden.
- For buildings or structures having more than one dwelling unit, each unit shall be issued an individual property or apartment number.
- Property numbers shall be assigned in such manner that the numbering is logically extended and so that property numbers will be changed as little as possible.
124.030. Display of Numbers.
- The owner or occupant of any building or structure in the city shall display a property number.
- All property numbers shall be located on the front of the building or structure, or if the front of the building structure does not face the street, on the side of the building or structure which faces the street.
- All property numbers shall be located so that no obstruction prevents them from being read from a vehicle approaching on the street closest to the building or structure, or from the street running parallel to the front of the building or structure.
- Any building or structure sitting further than 50 yards from the street shall also have the property number displayed not more that 20 yards from the street right-of-way.
- All property numbers shall be of sufficient size, shape, and color so that the property number is easily visible.