(ORD # 09-02)
Chapter 28 – No Smoking in City Facilities
28.010. Definitions. As used in this Chapter, the following words shall be defined as set forth herein:
- City Facility: any enclosed building owned, occupied, or operated by the City of Holden, Missouri.
- Smoke: possession of burning tobacco is the form of a cigarette, cigar, pipe or any other smoking equipment.
28.020. Smoking in City Facilities prohibited; designated smoking area.
It shall be unlawful for any person to smoke in any City facility in the City of Holden except in a designated smoking area.
28.030. Designation of smoking areas.
- In each City facility, there shall by the Mayor, or his or
her designee, designated a place for persons to smoke, so long as:
- smoking may occur in the City facility without violation of other law; and
- smoking may occur without immediate danger to person or property; and
- no more than thirty percent of the facility is designated a smoking area; and
- adequate ventilation is present.
- At the entrance to each City facility shall be posted a notice in substantially the following form:
“Smoking in City facilities, except in designated areas, is prohibited.”